I have been sitting down getting my Black Friday game plan ready. I have been to Wal Mart to scope out the layout. (I know I am bad.) I have my ads for all of my price matching. I am game ready.
I also have another very important tool on hand. I made a budget and a list.
Have a Plan!
I am huge fan of Black Friday. I know it sounds petty but I love it. The deal seeker in me merges with the competitive instinct and I have a blast! I also have a plan. Here are a few Black Friday tips to help you keep control of your money while you are in the moment.
- Bring Cash. Once the cash is gone the trip is over.
- Have envelopes. – Put a name on each envelope and put the amount you intend to spend on each person in that envelope.
I would also recommend have an extra envelope with just in case money. This is for that purchase you think you can’t live with out.
- Price Match – Wal Mart price matches. This will save you time and gas money. Have all of your ads with you and make Wal Mart price match it.
- Prioritize – Start with the gifts you can’t live without. Work your way down to the stocking stuffers and extras.
- LEAVE YOUR CREDIT CARD AT HOME!!! – This keeps you from making an impulse purchase. You have your envelopes. You have the money you intended to spend and a cushion in case you need something more.
- Account for taxes. – Make sure that when you plan your budget you include the tax.
- If you are not price matching make a map and stick to it. – You can save a lot of gas money by having a map of exactly where you are going.
- Don’t let them talk you into a credit card at the store. They are banking on your impulse!