One of my favorite summer meals is pulled pork. Whether I have a pulled pork sandwich or a pulled pork taco I am in Heaven. However, I absolutely hate paying higher charges for pulled pork. I love the simplicity of using my crock pot to put together a great crock pot pulled pork at home.
What you will need:
- Pork Butt – Size depends on what you will eat and what the sales are. I bought two on a buy one get one free sale and used it for this recipe.
- BBQ Sauce – One bottle should more than do the trick. I used a larger bottle because I made a very large roast.
- Crock Pot – I use This One and it works great for me.
- Smother the pork butt in BBQ sauce. – You don’t have to use the whole bottle. Just make sure the top is completely coated.
- Turn on Crock pot on Low/Medium for 8 hours or high for 4. – This is really personal preference. I prefer to cook mine on a lower heat longer but I know sometimes that isn’t practical.
- Shred it. – After your pork has cooked all day use two forks to shred it. Your meat should be very tender.