Easter just passed and we had a nice ham bone leftover. I decided to put it to work for me with some 15 bean soup. Because I had a sweeter ham I had to offset that a bit with some of my seasoning. Your soup will taste different based on the ham you use. Check out my no soak crock pot 15 bean soup.
No Soak Crock Pot 15 Bean Soup
What you will need
- 1 Pack 15 Bean Soup – You can buy it in the bean aisle of many grocery stores. My favorite one is the Hambeens 15 Bean Soup.
- 1 Ham Bone or 1 Ham Steak – I recommend leaving some ham on it as it will break off and mix with your soup. (If you use a ham steak cube it.)
- Garlic Powder – I used about 3 pinches.
- Tobasco Sauce – 4 tablespoons.
- Lemon Juice – 1/4 Cup
- Water – 6 1/2 Cups (You can also do chicken broth if you would prefer.)
What to do
Pour 6 1/2 Cups Water in the Crock Pot.
Add Beans and Ham
Add 3 Tablespoons Tobasco and add the garlic.
Cook on High for 4 hours.
Add 1/4 cup lemon juice, seasoning packet, and 1 tablespoon of tabasco sauce.
Cook an additional 40 minutes on high.
Serve and enjoy.
We like to serve ours with some bread for dipping but the possibilities are endless. Even better, this recipe is pretty inexpensive if you are trying to save money. What is your favorite way to eat 15 bean soup?
Looking for more?