I have been working really hard to include beans in my cooking to cut down meat costs for the household. This is where this new recipe came from. My good friend Sarah told me that she always ate her chili with pasta. To be honest, I thought she was gross. However, I am really trying to save money and stretch things here because of the beef price hike so I tried it. If you have chili in the freezer this chile lazagna recipe takes about 30 minutes total to have on the table.
What you will need
- Chili – I used the Crock Pot Chili I made as part of a previous meal plan. How much you use will depend on how many layers you want your lazagna to have. For a whole box of pasta figure about 3 cups to 4 cups of chili.
- Lazagna noodles – I am not brand specific on this. I used 1 full box to prep two meals but this will depend on how many layers you want.
- Sour Cream – 1 cup
- Bread crumbs – I used the italian flavored ones to give it that italian flare.
- Boil your pasta until soft.
- Layer Chili.
- Drop a few tablespoons of sour cream throughout the dish on each layer.
- Add your noodles and repeat.
- When you are done with all of your layers top with bread crumbs. I usually put a thin later.
- Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes.
- Slice, serve, and enjoy.