I am a huge fan of home made chicken pot pie. It’s one of my favorite dishes. However, there are days when I am just not in the mood for chicken pot pie. On days like those, I like to enjoy a fun twist on it. We like to have my easy home made chicken biscuit pie. This recipe will seem very similar to my chicken pot pie recipe and that is because I use the same base for it.
Easy Home Made Chicken Biscuit Pie
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts – 2 cups cubed
- Mixed Vegetables – 2 cups.
- Pepper – 1 teaspoon
- 1 Package Buttermilk Biscuits
- Potatoes – 1 cup cubed
- Chicken Broth – 4 cups
- Cream of Chicken Soup – 2 cans
- Mini Pie Pans
How to make the Easy Home Made Chicken Biscuit Pie
- ombine chicken, vegetables, pepper, chicken broth, cream of chicken, and potatoes in a pot.
- Cook until chicken is done. – Unlike the chicken pot pie, these will not be going into the oven to cook the chicken. Because of this, you want to let this cook on medium until the chicken is cooked all the way through.
- Fill your pie pan with the cooked mixture. If you are using the mixture that is left over from making the chicken pot pie on another day, make sure that you have cooked the chicken all the way through before putting it in the pan.
- Tear up your biscuit dough and top your filling with it. This doesn’t have to look fancy or cover the entire thing.
- Bake at 325 for 15 minutes – This may be more or less depending on what your oven does with biscuits.
- When done let cool and serve. – If you don’t want to let them cool as long, serve the pie pans on top of a small plate so that people don’t burn their fingers.
Looking for more?