I was not paid for this post. All opinions are 100% my own. I did receive 2 hours of bowling to facilitate my review.
Sometimes homeschool moms just need a night out. I am no different. Between blogging, working as a virtual assistant, homeschooling, and running a group for teen moms sometimes I just need a break. Normally when our blogging group gets together we do dinner. This time though we had a lot of fun headed our way. We went to check out Splitsville Downtown Disney and we had a blast! Let me tell you more about this amazing bowling place.
Here are some of the things I found as I enjoyed my night out at Splitsville.
- The Staff – My friend Michelle from City Surfing Orlando pointed out that the employees really seemed to enjoy their jobs. I would have to agree. All of the staff not only greeted you with a smile, they also laughed and joked with you. They made the experience better just by being so personable.
- The Shoes – Many of us felt that the shoe sizes ran a size larger. Simply go down a size from your normal and you are ready to bowl.
- The Environment – Splitzville reminded me of a combination of a great restaurant, trendy bowling, alley, and a dance party all in one. Maybe the last part was more our fault though. With music so great playing in the background we were bound to dance a little bit.
- The Lanes – The lanes were very well done. I loved that there only 5 or 6 lanes per section. It brought down some of the noise while adding a certain intimacy to the experience you don’t get at a traditional bowling alley. The lanes we were on had booth seating which made for great discussion time between turns.
- The Food – Many of the bloggers tried out food and drinks from the alley while we bowled and everyone seemed to enjoy it. I was quite happy with my Jumbo Sundae. The pricing was reasonable for a Downtown Disney location.
- The Bowling – I am horrible at it. My first score was a 74. My second was a 65. I am pretty sure the pins were taunting me. However, I was able to laugh as a bowled a gutter ball and the screen made sure everyone knew, do a little dance when I had a spare, and pretend nothing happened when the one pin taunted me on every frame. As a whole, I would definitely recommend making this part of your trip.
What about the prices?
The pricing is very reasonable based on the time of day you come. You can find all pricing information on the Splitsville website.