This is a new feature I will be adding on a monthly basis for the blog. I know that going out to do something fun can get expensive quickly. I thought it would be fun to give you a monthly list of all the fun things you can do for free in Central Florida. Please message me if you see an event that I have not included. I am sure I will miss some once in a while.
You can click the event title to go to their website and see more information.
- Chili Cook Off – January 18th – Admission is free to this event.
- All American Car Cruise – Every Friday & Saturday in January – This car show is free to the public. Cars start to arrive at 4 and there is a concert at 7. The cars start moving at 8:30.
- Little Darlins Street Party and Cruise In – Every Wednesday in January – Free concert of 50’s and 60’s music starts at 6. There is also a car show of classic cars from 1987 or older.
- Old Town Gone Country Truck Cruise – Every Sunday in January – This is a country truck show.
- Movie in the Park – January 10th – Family Friendly movie starts at Dusk.
- Orlando Science Center – First Weekend of the Month – If you are a Bank Of America Card Holder you can get free admission. You will still need to pay parking.
- First Friday Resolution Revolution – January 3rd – Local vendors set up booths to tell you all about different health and wellness options available for you.
- Guided Bird Hike – January 8th – Starting at 8 AM there will be a guided bird hike. Bring your binoculars and camera for a great time.
- Granny’s Nature Reading – January 8th – Starting at 10 AM there will be a Dr. Seuss book reading about birds. Afterward there will be a free hands on activity for kids.
*This post was not sponsored. I did receive 2 tickets to the WWE Monday Night Raw but all opinions are 100% my own.
For the month of October the WWE is supporting Susan G Komen. In honor of this partnership we headed out to Monday Night Raw this week. We had a blast!! I am going to tell you a bit about Raw and then I am going to share some of the awesome things the WWE is doing right now.
I am sure other things happened that were pretty good but for me the awesome part of the show was when Cena came out! He was incredible!
His opening monologue was awesome! Damien Sandow beat the tar out of him before cashing in his Money in the Bank. It was a long match and we wondered how it would go down.
In the end though, Cena is still awesome! He laid Damien out like it was no big deal!
Some of the other matches were pretty good. I have to say when I saw Kane come back I was expecting a great match.
It wasn’t. Not only was the match a throw away but he gave his mask to Stefanie! Are we serious here?!
There was one tiny hiccup in the event that I think should be noted.
The speaker was right in front of the jumbotron. This made it near impossible to enjoy any of the on screen elements of the show. I tweeted Amway Center and they responded, “We’ll be sure the right people here at the WWE get this message for next time they come and set up.”
I am thankful for the quick response. It’s awesome to know that when the WWE comes back in February everyone will be able to see the show.
So what is the WWE up to?
There are some amazing things that the WWE is taking part in. I would love to take a minute and share more about them with you!
As I mentioned above the WWE is using the entire month of October to Support Susan G. Komen in finding a cure for Breast Cancer! You can find more about this on their site.
Make sure to buy some great Pink WWE products here in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness!
The WWE is also working on a Stop Bullying Campaign. This is awesome! With all of the reports of bullying causing serious problems in children I am happy to see such a large company get behind an anti-bullying campaign.
You can find out more about the stop bullying campaign here!