Halloween is just around the corner and the kids are already planning out all of their costumes. Do you want to give your child the world without spending your whole paycheck? Here are a few ideas to get a costume that is amazing without all of the expense.
- Make your own! – You would be surprised your kids can get with a few supplies and complete creative freedom! If you aren’t sure where to start, check out Pinterest! You are sure to find many great ideas there!
- Repurpose something – Items you have lying around the house could make the perfect accent to a costume. Do you have an old stethoscope from a nurse in the family? What about an old suit or hat from a friend? These items can be the perfect addition to your costume.
- Amazon! – Don’t underestimate some of their great costume deals! You are sure to find some good prices on some of your favorites!
- Thrift Stores – This is my favorite way to buy costumes! The dress R is wearing in her picture is actually from a local thrift store. I paid $3.99 for a Disney Snow White Dress!
- Hand Me Downs – Ask your friends. Sometimes their children have grown out of a costume and they are more than happy to pass it down.
- Consignment Stores – Often people will consign a costume in good condition and you can get it for a fraction of the price.