Peppermint is one of my favorite smells. In honor of the coming Christmas season I thought it would be fun to make some sparkly peppermint slime with the kids. I found the slime recipe over at Colorado Mom’s blog. I knew that with a few tweaks it could get a great Christmas activity for kids young and old. Do not let your child eat this though. The borax is not safe for them.
What you will need:
- Borax – 2 tablespoons
- Glue – 8 oz
- Green Glitter – about 4 tablespoons
- Water – 2 cups
- Red Food Dye
- Peppermint Essential oils – 2-4 drops based on how strong you want it. (You can contact me if you want more information about essential oils.
- Mix borax and 1 cup of water in a bowl. – Set aside for use later.
- Mix together glue, 1 cup water, peppermint oil, food die, and glitter.
- Add glue mixture to borax mixture.
- Stir until you get a slime texture. – If it comes out too waterry add glue.