Pizza is a favorite in our house. However, the cost per pizza is not a favorite here. I decided it was time to make my own and try a fun new twist on traditional pizzas. This recipe is so easy I let the 8 year old make the one you see pictured without any help from me. I hope you enjoy this whole wheat chicken pizza recipe.
What you will need:
- Boboli Whole Wheat Pizza Crust – I bought mine at the bakery outlet and I was able to get four for five dollars.
- Chicken Breast – 1/2 pound
- Pizza Sauce – If you are ambitious make your own. I used the jarred variety from Wal Mart.
- Monterey Jack Cheese – 8 oz shredded
- Onion Powder and Ground Black Pepper – About a pinch or so of each.
What to do:
- Cut up your chicken breast in small pieces. – I prefer to use a set of Kitchen Scissors so that it doesn’t take as long.
- Sprinkle your chicken with seasoning and cook in pan on medium. – I recommend covering the pan as it keeps all the moisture in the chicken and keeps it from burning.
- While your chicken is cooking coat your crust with sauce.
- Pre-heat your oven to 425.
- Cover your sauce with chicken. – You can use as much as you want. I prefer a pizza with a lot of meat on it.