Easter just passed and we had a nice ham bone leftover. I decided to put it to work for me with some 15 bean soup. Because I had a sweeter ham I had to offset that a bit with some of my seasoning. Your soup will taste different based on the ham you use. Check out my no soak crock pot 15 bean soup.
I have been trying hard to find the ideal Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken recipe. However, every time I try one I end up frustrated. Most of them end up way too salty without the sweet teriyaki flavor they should have. I decided it was time to make up my own.
*Disclaimer: I cooked a large amount so that I could freeze extra for future meals.
What you will need:
- 5 pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 1 cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce – If you prefer the full sodium version you can use it but I am trying to limit sodium intake.
- 1/2 clove Garlic
- 1/2 Onion
- 1 Cup Pineapple Juice – I drained it from a can of pineapple and served the pineapple with the finished meal.
2) Pour Soy Sauce and Pineapple juice into a bowl.
I want to start with a disclaimer. I have two little ones who can’t do spicy so this is the very mild version of this recipe. Now that you know that let’s have some crock pot chili!
- Tomato Sauce – 2 large cans & 2 small.
- Tomato Paste – 1 small can
- Crushed tomatoes – 1 large Can
- Carol Shelby’s chili – 1 box This is sold at most grocery stores.
- Kydney Beans – 3 cans. You can use the bean of your choice. I just prefer these.
- Ground beef – 3 pounds
- Salsa – 1 jar. – If you have a famous salsa that you love you can use that instead. I simply prefer one that is already seasoned well.
- Add tomato sauces to your pot.
- Add crushed tomatoes – I don’t like the texture of a tomato so I will blend them down to more of a paste. I tend to use the Rotel because he has an extra flavor to it.
- Add Cooked Hamburger
- Add Salsa – I don’t like the texture of some of it so I blend this down as well. It gives me the flavor without the texture.
- Add Kidney Beans – I recommend straining them first. Then pour them into your chili.
- Add your Shelby kit ingredients and stir well.
- Cook on Medium to low for 8 hours. You won’t need to stir or do anything to it all day. Just let it cook.