When my daughter was smaller I loved to make playdough with her. I realized the other day that while I did this with my daughter, I didn’t do it as much with my son. I decided to put together this fall playdough diy just for him. We pulled out all of our supplies and had a lot of fun together. Check out these tips to enjoy a playdough making day with your kids.
Fall Playdough DIY
Both of these recipes are safe to eat though I wouldn’t recommend it due to the salt content. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do.
Pumpkin Spice Playdough
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup salt
- 2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- red food dye
- yellow food dye
- pumpkin cookie cutters
- cellophane bags (we got ours at the dollar store.)
- Start by mixing together dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, mix together water and 6 drops of red and 6 drops of yellow.
- Add your water mixture to your dry ingredient mixture.
- Knead until you make a dough.
- Add your playdough to your cellophane bags.
- Tie your bag shut.
- Tie on your cookie cutter. (I recommend getting smaller cookie cutters if you are using these for a party favor.)
Candy Corn Playdough
- 1 cup flour per batch
- 1/2 cup water per batch
- 1/4 cup salt per batch
- Red Food Dye
- Yellow Food Dye
- Cellophane Bags
You will be making 3 separate batches of playdough for this.
- Mix together dry ingredients.
- For white, simply add water and make your dough.
- For yellow, add 12 drops of food dye to your water and mix it into your dough.
- For orange add 12 drops of red and yellow food dye to your water and mix it into your dough.
- Layer your playdough from bottom to top in the order of yellow, orange, and then white.
- Close the bag with the ties included.
- Shape your playdough into a candy corn.