Free Summer Reading Programs List
Summer reading programs are a great way to get a child who is less than motivated to read involved in Summer reading. I am a huge advocate of taking care of these programs. I am an even bigger advocate of getting children reading from a young age and loving it.
- Book Adventure – Sylvan offers this FREE reading incentive program. Basically your child reads books and then takes a simple comprehension quiz to make sure they understood what they read. The quiz is usually about 10 questions long. They earn points based on how much they remember from reading the book. There are hundreds of books to choose from in all reading levels. These are common books that can be found at your local library. Once they have earned enough points they can trade them in for some really neat prizes!
- Half Price Books – They are offering kids ages 14 and under a chance to earn a $5 Gift Card for reading just 15 each day throughout the summer! Print your log here.
- Showcase Cinemas Bookworm Wednesdays – Your child can earn a FREE movie ticket from National Amusements Theaters to a kid’s film when they read a book and complete a book report.
- Barnes & Noble Imagination Destination – This summer reading program through Barnes & Noble gives your child the ability to earn a FREE book after reading 8 books and keeping track of them in a reading log.
- Local Public Library – Don’t forget to check out your local libraries to find out which programs they’ll be offering this summer. My kids have participated in several Summer reading Programs through the library and it always includes FREE books or prizes. Some libraries will also have great stem and fun classes through the summer.
- TD Bank Summer Reading Program – Read and keep track of 10 books this summer and your child will get $10 added to their Young Saver Account FREE! (I will update this when I confirm there will be a 2018 program.)
- Chuck E Cheese – Earn 10 FREE tokens every time your child reads for 2 weeks in a row. Just fill out the form and bring it in to claim your free tokens. Get your log here.
- Scholastic Summer Challenge – Log in your reading minutes to the Scholastic site and your child will be able to participate in a World Record challenge as well as earn digital prizes!
Summer Reading Activity Options
- Bookit has put together some great activities to do with a list of books on the Bookit site!
- Junie B Jones Reading Club – Sign up and get a FREE starter Kit that includes reading log and activity brochure.
- Local Public Library – Don’t forget to check out your local libraries to find out which programs they’ll be offering this summer. My kids have participated in several Summer reading Programs through the library and it always includes FREE books or prizes. Some libraries will also have great stem and fun classes for the summer.
Which one of these programs will you use this summer to grow your child’s reading ability? If you know of any other programs that aren’t listed here, please feel free to leave the information in a comment below.
Summer Reading Printables
Book Report form from Artsy Fartsy Mama
Bookmarks for Summer Reading from Sunny Day Family
Summer Reading Record from The Curriculum Corner
Summer Reading Printable from Starts at Eight
12 Month Reading Challenge from Natural Beach Living
Reading Passport from Library Patch
Summer Reading Challenge Bookmarks from Thirty Handmade Days
25 Day Reading Challenge from Natural Beach Living
Summer Reading Game from The Chickabug Blog
Super Reader Kit from A Few Shortcuts
Summer Reading Bucket List from Wonder Woman Wanna Be
Summer Reading Bingo from Artsy Fartsy Mama
Summer Reading Club from Kitchen Counter Chronicle
Summer Reading Log from Sunny Day Family
Summer Reading Log from Our Daily Craft
Summer Reading Incentive Chart from Surviving a Teacher’s Salary
Summer Reading Star Coupons from How Does She
Summer Reading Challenge from A Living Hope
Summer Reading Printable from I Can Teach My Child
Looking for ways to make more of Summer Reading? Check out some of my resources and book ideas below!